Craft & Design as a Career returns for a day-long symposium of handmade goodness.
This is our yearly conference discovering the journeys of innovative and brave creatives and industry experts as they discuss their stories, philosophies and perspectives on what it means to practice in today’s craft and design community.
Our speakers include international and interstate luminaries presenting fresh reflections on their own lives in the creative realm.
Featuring hand-picked speakers including:
- Charlotte Allingham - Wiradjuri woman, creator, occultist and illustrator
- Rachel Burke – artist/ designer, imakestagram and apomogy
- Donna Campbell - textile artist, University of Waikato / Wānanga o Waikato
- Andrei Davidoff - potter, ceramicist and artist
- Patience Hodgson – The Grates, Southside Tea Room, Splendour In The Craft, mother
- Ruby Hoppen - artist, quilter and mother
- Magdalena Ksiezak - designer and papercrafter, Okay Kiosk
- Louis Le Vaillant - curator/director, The Johnston Collection
- Dr Susan Luckman – Researcher, author and erratic amateur maker, Professor of Cultural Studies, University of South Australia
- Rosanna Raymond - artist, Pacific Sisters and SaVage K'lub
- Ingrid Tufts - maker and designer of ceramic tableware and objects
and others to be announced soon!
$50 - $95
Find tickets here